The law firm is founded by the Lawyer and legal Advisor Mr. Khalil Aljehani graduated from the University of King Saud University, Riyadh 1985, and he had obtained LL.M (Maritime Law), from the University of Southampton UK.1996.
Mr. Aljehani started his career in 1985 in the Control & Investigation Board as criminal investigator and public prosecutor before the Board of Grievances in crimes that set under the jurisdiction of the Board such as forgery and bribery. In 1989 Aljehani moved to Saudi Customs and worked as Legal Advisor in the Legal Department of the Saudi Customs until 2011 when he took an early retirement as a deputy of the General Director of Legal Department.
In 1997, Mr. Aljehani was appointed as a representative of Customs Department in the permanent committee of the intellectual property rights which was responsible for IPR regime of the Kingdom including the accession of the Saudi Arabia to the WTO unit 2011. Same year, Mr. Aljehani become a Saudi negotiator among the Saudi Negotiating team working on the accession of the Saudi Arabia to the WTO representing Customs in the field of intellectual property rights until 2005 where Saudi Arabia became a member of the WTO.
Since Mr. Aljehani joined Saudi Customs for 22 years, he had been representing Saudi Customs before judicial and administrative bodies, the Customs Appellate Committees and insurances committee. Also, he presented Saudi Customs in many activities such as negotiations, conferences, workshops, seminars local and international. A detailed Curriculum Vitae of Mr. Aljehani at the end.
Mr. Aljehani is a part time lecturer in the Institute of Customs delivering presentation on the protection of the Intellectual Property Rights on border such as, the roll of Customs in this regard and as a negotiator he giving the negotiating experience of Saudi Customs during the accessions of Saudi Arabia to the WTO regarding the protection of IPR on border.
A detailed Curriculum Vitae of Mr. Aljehani is as follows:
1. Course on Criminal Law, IPA, Riyadh, 1989.
2. Course on Admin Disputes, IPA, Riyadh, 1992.
3. Seminar on WTO; ILI, Washington, DC, 1998.
4.Seminar on IPR and Transfer of Technology, ILI, Washington, DC, 2000.
5. Participated in Workshop on Trade Negotiations coordinated by WTO in Riyadh.
6. Program on IPR Enforcement, Virginia , 2000.
7. Program on Customs Valuation, Riyadh, 2000.
8. Judicial Workshop on Implementation of TRIPS, Dubai, 2006.
9. Participated in the Scientific Seminar on the Digital Evidence and Investigation of the Electronic Crimes, Naif Arab University of Security Sciences, Riyadh, 2008.
10. Judicial Workshop on IPR dispute settlement , Dead Sea,2010.
Mr. Aljehani has represented Saudi Customs department, locally and internationally, in:
1. Worked as an expert member in the Technical Committee on TRIPS which is a WTO Agreement dealing with IPR, Copyright, Patent and Trademarks.
2. Participated in the Permanent IPR Committee in Saudi Arabia that deals with general IPR policy of the country.
3. Participated in the Second International Seminar on Illicit Trafficking and Piracy of Artifacts and Cultural Property, organized by Interpol in France, 1993.
4. Participated in the WCO Working Party on Commercial Fraud at Brussels, 1996.
5. Participated in the Second Meeting of the Working Party on Counterfeiting and Piracy of the Commercial Products, organized by Interpol in France, 1996.
6. Delivered lecture on the Role of Saudi Customs in Protection of IPR according to TRIPS, at the Chamber of Commerce, Eastern Province, 1999.
7. Participated in Seminar on Revised Kyoto Convention coordinated by WCO, Brussels, in Zimbabwe, 1999.
8. Participated in drafting the Customs Procedure for Implementation of TRIPS to be applied by Saudi Arabia.
9. Participated as a member of Saudi Arabian Negotiating Delegation that used to attend the rounds of WTO negotiations in Geneva and other rounds held at Riyadh ”1998-2005”.
10. Participated in Fifth Meeting of the WCO Working Group on Money Laundering and Financial Assets at Brussels, 2000.
11. Participated as a member of Saudi Arabian Negotiation Delegation that attended the Sixth Ministerial Conference of WTO held in Hong Kong, 2005.
12. Participated with the Saudi Arabian delegation with the US in the US-Saudi strategic dialogue held at Washington, DC, 2006.
13. Participated with the Saudi Arabian delegations with the US in the first meeting of the trade and investment “TIFA” held in Washington, DC, 2009.
14. Participated in the International Conferences on Combating Counterfeited and Piracy held in Canada in Niagara Falls in 2007, Halifax in 2008 and in Ireland in Dublin 2009 and in China in Hong Kong 2010.
15. Participated in the first meeting of Experts on the Protection of the Cultural Property, organized by UN in Vienna, 2009.
16. Participated as a member of Saudi Arabian Negotiation Delegation that attended the first, second and third rounds of the Intergovernmental Negotiation Body (INB) on the Protocol of the Illicit Trade of Tobacco held in Geneva 2007- 2010.
17. Delivered lectures on the Role of Saudi Customs in Protection of IPR in Dubai 2006 and in the customs check points in Jeddah 2007, 2010 and 2011, Riyadh 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011, Dammam 2011.
18. Represented Saudi Customs before Insurance Dispute Settlement Committee at Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA), 2009-2010.
19. Participated with the Saudi Arabian Negotiation Delegation in negotiation with the Russian Federation regarding Russia’s accession to the WTO.
20. Participated in two Global Conferences on Combating Counterfeiting: the Second held at Lyon in 2005 and the Fifth held at Cancun in 2009.
21. Chaired the Working Group meeting of Legal and Technical Experts on Customs Procedures of the Arab Countries to Review Initiative on Security of Supply Chain and Facilitation of Trade among Arab Countries, at League of Arab States HQ, Cairo, August 2010.
22. Participated as a member of the Recommendations Committee of 2nd Arab Forum to Protect Consumers from Fraud & Counterfeiting and Protection of IPR, Riyadh, 2010.
23. Participated in the International Conferences on Combating Counterfeited and Piracy held in Canada in Niagara Falls in 2007, Halifax in 2008, Ireland in Dublin 2009, China in Hong Kong 2010 and in Spain in Madrid October in 2011.
24. Participated as a member of Saudi Arabian Delegations that attending the Trade Policy Review meeting of the Saudi Arabia in the WTO in Geneva in February 2012.